Self-Led Events, Online Events & Reading Raffle for All Ages
Click here to see detailed flyers for all Summer Reading programs.
How to participate and earn raffle tickets:
- Beginning June 1 – Record the minutes you read, or listen, to books each week online here: https://forms.gle/8Jejq6iMfV2i5GhM9, or on a paper log included in your packet… every 45 minutes earns a raffle ticket. Or log into your library account and submit an online book review for any book over 100 pages long on our catalog page to earn a raffle ticket.
- Pick up a free book for your child at the library – one free book for ages Pre-K through Teen starting June 16th (library card holders only please – locals can apply for a library card online).
- Pick up your self-led packet at the library via curbside-pickup on Tuesday or Friday the week prior to each event (pick-ups will begin June 16). Each packet will have three raffle tickets in it. If you will have more than three people in your family participating, take more than one packet. (If you use your own supplies just send us an email with a picture of your creation & names & library card numbers of the creators to enter raffle.)
- If you are able, join us online for a live presentation each Wednesday morning at 10:30am (starting June 24th). Find the links each week on our website & Facebook page. (see reverse)
- Otherwise just enjoy the packet! Follow any instruction in the packet to earn extra tickets!
- Fill in a raffle ticket for each person and bring it to the curb-side library the following week.
We’ll be offering a variety of links to online programs for a variety of ages created by library or community partners. Please give us a call or send an email with your name and library card number and let us know when you’ve attended one of our online events. We will fill in a raffle ticket for you and add it to our jar.
Raffle prizes will include magazine subscriptions, grocery gift cards, and more! Winners will be drawn at the end of the summer program on Wednesday August 12th.
For more information, call the library at 575-829-9155 or email Savannah at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us also on:
- Nextdoor App, Jemez Valley Neighborhood
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jemezspringslibrary/
- Our library website: https://jsplibrary.org
- Our online catalog: https://jemezsprings.biblionix.com/catalog/
|Pick Up Date||Event||Online Activity|
|Week of June 16||Art Attack||June 24|
|Week of June 23||Virtual Float Design/Parade||July 1|
|Week of June 30||Space Day||July 8|
|Week of July 7||Fun with Science||July 15|
|Week of July 14||Fiber Arts||July 22|
|Week of July 21||A Sandpaper of a different color||July 29|
|Week of July 28||Coastin’||Aug 5|
|Week of Aug 4||Send off Blast||Aug 12|
|DATE||TIME||ENMU FACEBOOK EVENT|
|May 29||10am||Virtual Story Time|
|June 2||2pm||Commodification of Cars, Consumers, and Alcohol: Advertisers’ Tricks We Hope Will Fool Us|
|June 3||2pm||Honoring Dr. Jack Williamson the “Dean of Science Fiction”|
|June 4||6pm||ENMU Jazz Band Thursday Night Concert|
|June 9||6pm||ENMU Professor Patrick McCreary as Lincoln|
|June 11||6pm||ENMU Department of Music Presents Opera A Double Bill of One-Act Operas|
|June 12||10am||Llama, Llama Mad at Mama|
Find these and more on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ENMUReads/
Remember to periodically check on the library’s website/facebook/nextdoor for updates on additional resources including videos from Explora as they become available for us to share with the community! We are looking forward to “seeing” you for our annual summer reading program.
A huge thank you to the Friends of the Jemez Springs Library for making our Summer Reading Program possible!