Available library services include:
- The library is constantly acquiring new books. Visit the library and check out the New Arrivals shelf for the latest bestsellers. Also look for books by local and New Mexico writers.
- The library carries magazine subscriptions for a variety of interests and age groups. Click here for a list of our current magazines. We also provide internet access to Magazines on Line through our Hot Links page.
- The library has several computers available to the public for various purposes. Six computers (Windows PCs) are available for Internet access (4 general use, two children’s, one teen’s computer, and two laptops for in depth research), including free email via Yahoo!, Hotmail, etc… Internet use is limited to 1/2 hour if others are waiting. These same computers may be used for word processing and are linked to a black & white HP Laserjet printer. Print-outs are 10 cents per page.
- As part of the technology upgrade funded by the State Library GO Bond, a wireless router is available for use in the library. In addition to new computers for children and teens, we have added age-appropriate software to both of those computers. The main public access computers and especially those designated for children and teens have CyberPatrol, an Internet filtering program. Library policy requires a signed permission slip before accessing the Internet for all those 17 and under.
Special Online Research Databases
- InfoTrac indexes more than 2,000 magazines and newspapers with searchable abstracts and full text available online. Ask the librarian for the password. Also look at our Hot Links page where useful internet links are listed.
Inter-Library Loan (ILL)
- Card-holding patrons may request books to be shipped to our library for your use. You will be asked to provide the librarian with the book’s title and author. There is a small fee to cover postage; most ILL books have a three week loan period.
Electronic Card Catalog
- The library’s collection is now cataloged in a computer system so that patrons can search for materials by subject, author, or title either in the library or remotely online. In addition, the librarians have knowledge of the library collection and are always available to assist patrons in finding selections.
- Anyone who is a resident of the Jemez Valley may obtain a library card. All we need is your name, address, email address, and telephone number. Those with second homes in the Jemez may also obtain cards. Those with cards may borrow up to nine materials (books, audio tapes, CDs, magazines) for three weeks, and up to five videos/DVDs for one week.
- Click here to download the application for a library card, then print and sign it. Deliver the form to the Librarian to receive your card.
Returns & Renewals
- The library has a night drop-box for returning materials any time. Patrons will receive email or phone notification of overdue materials. If materials are not returned, patrons will be billed for replacement costs. Patrons may renew materials online, by phone (829-9155) or in person. Renewal requests may be denied if another patron has requested the material or the maximum number of renewals has been made.
- A copy machine is available for patron use. Copies are 10 cents per page.
- The Book Barn adjacent to the library is open during library hours and has used books and other materials ranging in price from 25 cents to $1 each. There are also special $5/bag book sales at various holidays.